Looking for a simple, delicious dinner that you can make with items you have on hand. Look no further! Now that Swann Avenue Market and Deli is carrying seafood, you dinner is as close as the market.
What you’ll need: 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp, 1 pound linguine or long pasta of your choice, 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons butter, garlic to taste (we use 4 cloves), juice of a lemon, 3/4 cup white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, red pepper flakes and parsley.
How to make it:
- Put your pasta on to boil so that it is ready when your shrimp are done.
- Heat olive oil at medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice and wine to skillet and cook until shrimp are pink (about 4 – 5 minutes). You can cover the pan to retain more of the sauce if you like.
- Increase heat to medium high and add drained pasta to the skillet. Cut the butter into 6 – 8 pieces and add to pasta and shrimp Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley if you wish.
How to serve: I love to top this with lots of good grated Parmesan cheese and serve it with a salad and some nice crusty bread to soak up the juice. Swann Avenue Market and Deli has La Segunda Cuban bread that is perfect for this purpose. Don’t have salad makings right now? Pick up a Caesar or Garden salad from the deli when you get your shrimp.
Variations: While we love this just the way it is, here are a few potential variation you might enjoy:
) add some cherry tomatoes to the shrimp and sauce
) stir in some fresh spinach or kale (kale will take longer to cook than the spinach)
) add some mushrooms, peppers and onions
) add some peas, my husband thinks everything tastes better with peas!
We are so happy to be able to share with you the seafood that our family has enjoyed for decades. Watch the website for more of our favorite seafood recipes!